Wards and Outpatient Clinics
The Centre operates across 1 ward (C2W) and 1 day care unit (C2N) with an outpatient department, although there are often patients on other medical or surgical wards within the Hospital.
C2W is located on level 2 of the Hospital and is a 20 bed ward with 8 isolation rooms for both bone marrow transplant patients and other patients needing isolation based on their medical needs.
Day treatment facilities are provided in the dedicated paediatric haematology/oncology unit (C2N) located on level 2 of the Hospital next to C2W. The facilities in this ward include:
- Outpatient zone with a reception where families can register for a clinic
- Waiting room and play area
- Six consulting rooms and a height and weight room
- Day treatment area with 12 beds and 4 cubicles for procedures and chemotherapy
- Procedures area with a theatre equipped for general anaesthesia
- Recovery rooms